Class of 2020 Graduation Looks Different this Year

Story by Nicole Haberek, Staff Writer and Editor

When the Coronavirus pandemic hit, one of the main thoughts on all the seniors and their family’s minds was what was going to happen with graduation. Your high school graduation is supposed to be one of the best days of a person’s life, filled with the excitement of the start of a new chapter. Unfortunately this year, graduation will look a lot different.

During the week of June 8th, seniors are to sign up for a slot to go to the school. During this time slot, seniors will go into the school to take their graduation pictures with their diploma. Students with then have the opportunity to go outside on the football field for five minutes to take pictures with their families.

On the actual night of graduation, June 19th, graduation will take place in the Mystic Village parking lot. The graduation will consist of a video presentation, recognizing the members of the senior class. The presentation will also include speeches. There will be a one-car per family limit and the ceremony will start at 8:45 pm. June 23rd is the rain date of the event.

On June 4th seniors can go pick up their cap and gowns from 11 am-4 pm and also drop off any remaining books they have. More details will be coming soon about the logistics of graduation.