Interested in Student Government? Sign up now!

Story by Ava Schrage, Staff Writer

Student government elections for this upcoming year are beginning this week. If you’re interested in running for a spot on the student government or an executive position (president or vice), you can pick up a form in guidance outside of Mrs. Dentch’s office.

Once you have the form, you must acquire 50 signatures from other peers in your grade who believe that you would be a good candidate for the student government. Additionally, you must write a short speech as to why you should be selected, which if completed, you must read in the auditorium to your grade during election day.

Forms with these 50 signatures as well as a copy of your speech should be handed in back to Mrs. Dentch by Monday, April 29th. Absolutely no late emissions will be taken.

On Tuesday, April 30th, junior student government elections will be held in the auditorium during homebase, where students will recite their essays. After this, students will be sent a google form where they can vote for who they wish to be on the student government. For sophomores, this will take place on Thursday, May 2nd, while freshmen will be Friday, May 3rd.

There will be an announcement at the end of the week saying who got elected from each grade. If you are elected, you will be officially on the student government for your next year at SHS. You do not have to attend the remaining student government meetings for this school year.

If you have any questions regarding the student government or how to sign up, ask Mrs. Dentch in the guidance room for more information.