SHS Shows Thanksgiving Spirit

Story by Ava Schrage, Staff Writer

This two-and-a-half day school week leading up to our Thanksgiving break is spirit week. On Monday all around the school you could see students and teachers dressed up in jerseys from their favorite sports teams.

This week acts was a good chance to show your Bear spirit with neon day. If you haven’t bought your turkey day shirt yet and are interested in getting one, they’re still available to be purchased in the Bear Cage. On Wednesday we have a color battle day between each of the grades, where seniors dress in white, juniors wear black, sophomores in red, and freshmen in purple. This seems to be the favorite day among the students due to the amount of competition throughout the school with many students going all out with accessories and colored clothes.

Wednesday will also be the annual pep rally for the game, where the football players and cheerleaders will be highlighted and go through a series of games, while each grade level will watch from the bleachers in all four different colors to represent themselves. After Wednesday, we don’t go back to school until Monday, November 26th, so happy Thanksgiving!