A Hollywood Homecoming

Story by Ben Fyke, Staff Writer

Stonington High School’s Hollywood-themed Homecoming dance will be held on October 20th, the day after the annual football game on October 19th. Ticket sales start on October 15th, which also marks the beginning of Spirit Week.

Tickets will go on sale for $15. As with previous years, students are required to get a form signed by their parents saying they understand the rules of conduct in order to purchase a ticket. Student government representatives will be selling tickets during both lunches until October 18th.

The week leading up to the dance is the annual Spirit Week. The daily themes will include highlights from the past few years. Monday will be America Monday, where students wear red, white and blue. Tuesday’s theme is Twin Tuesday, where pairs of students dress identically to each other. Wednesday will be a pink out dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness, and students will have the opportunity to donate money to breast cancer research.  Thursday will be Tacky Tourist day. Friday will be “Class Theme” day, with each class dressing up according to a movie in their assigned category. Seniors are horror movies, juniors are animation, sophomores are sci-fi, and freshmen are comedy.

Like last year, there will be a door decorating contest among homebases. October 12th and 19th will be extended homebases dedicated to decorating the doors. The doors will be judged by a committee of teachers and administrators on a 1-5 scale, and the class with the most points will win first place.

The dance will be held on the cafeteria side of the commons, and Mr. Agins of PMS will be the DJ. This year, the student body also has the opportunity to request songs through a Google Form. This will be done in an effort to curb the discontent among some students. who have expressed concerns about the song selection. The dance is expected to draw a large crowd of students who go to have a good time with their friends.