Student Government Juniors Make Stonington High School’s Walls Talk

Back to Article
Back to Article

Pictured above is a silhouette of a crew team. Different school activities, academic and extracurricular, will be highlighted throughout the building.

Story by Jessica Weber, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Each year, the juniors of Stonington High School’s Student Government, an organization comprised on ten elected representatives from each grade, are tasked with coming up with a Junior Project. Often confused with the infamous Senior Project, the Student Government Junior Project encompasses the purpose of Student Government: to better the school.

This year’s Junior Project consists of painting silhouettes across the walls of SHS, each representing a different aspect of the student body and campus culture.

Junior Hannah Lamb described the motivation for the project as an attempt to fuse different aspects of the school together.

“We noticed that the school tends to be relatively dull in the hallways and we thought that painting and doing something simple and cool would unify the entire school environment,” Lamb explained.

The students wanted to put specific emphasis on full representation of the student body. Lindsey Orr described, “[The murals] represent all the different activities that Stonington High School students are involved in.”

Another representative, Julia Chomowicz, described the groups motives saying, “We thought it was a project that would affect everyone in the school not just certain groups or certain people.”

The murals, depicting activities such as crew, field hockey, band, drama, science, technology, reading, and graduation, are currently in progress and can be viewed throughout the halls of Stonington High School.