72nd Annual Columbus Day Parade to take place on October 13th

Story by Olivia Haberek, Staff Writer

On Sunday, October 13th at 1:10 p.m. the 72nd annual Westerly-Pawcatuck Columbus Day Parade will take place. The parade will be starting at Westerly High School, 23 Ward Avenue, Westerly RI. There will be a variety of marchers and many different sponsors.

The route that they will be going on is Granite Street, Grove Avenue, High Street, Canal Street, Stillman Avenue, Liberty Street, Broad Street, and will then end at the Town Hall. Some of the marchers will be our Stonington High School Varsity Cheer Team, The Westerly Band, Westerly High School Athletic Team, Mystic Aquarium, a variety of Westerly High School Honor Society Students, the Town Of Stonington, and both the Pawcatuck and Westerly Fire Department.

The parade this year is being run by the 2019 members and officers of the committee. The officers are President Joseph Potter, Vice President Jeffrey Frenette, Chairwoman Beth Frenette, and Treasurer Stewart Pucci.

If you are looking to reserve a spot in the parade you can fill out the form http://columbusdayparade.net/index.php/reserve-your-spot/. Also, if you would like to be a committed member of the parade committee you can contact Jeffrey Frenette at his email, [email protected].