In Student Government? Come to Yearly Country Club Banquet!

Story by Ava Schrage, Staff Writer

Congratulations to the students who were elected into this upcoming year’s student government!

These students will be inducted on Tuesday, May 28th at 6:00 at the annual Stonington Country Club banquet. Both current and new members are invited to this event, where students and their families will be fed dinner on the course outdoors. After dinner, new members will receive their pins and past members will give speeches welcoming those coming into student government. If you were not re-elected or did not choose to run again, you are still advised to attend to celebrate the successful year in the government.

Students go to the banquet for free and are allowed to bring up to two parental guardians with them, although it is not mandatory for them to attend. However, each parent needs to pay for a ticket, which are 30 dollars each. Siblings, friends, or other family members are not invited to attend due to limited seating. Dress code for this event is semi-formal for both students and parents.

If you have any questions about this event or student government in general, see any current member or go to guidance for more information.