The French Honor Society Celebrates National French Week

"My French My Future" by French Honor Society

Story by Emma DeLaRosa, Staff Writer

Last week was National French Week and the French Honor Society organized different ways of spreading francophone culture.

This year, a group of students created a video and submitted it to a National French Week Video Contest through the AATF organization — the theme was “My French, My Future.” In the video, students answer a variety of questions about what French means to them and their future.

Other students in the society organized trivia questions that were read over the announcements throughout the week for the homebases to answer. The homebase that answered correctly first won for that day and the homebase that won at the end of the week will receive a French breakfast.

The society also celebrated National French Week by setting up boards about the top French-speaking countries. There were four boards: France, Canada, Switzerland, and Belgium. Each board included information about the country which would be used to complete a scavenger hunt done by Madame Laroco’s French II students. Although only three students participated, Madame Laroco said that they were very enthusiastic in their attempts to be first. French Honor Society member said, “It was nice seeing the school being so excited about French.”

Madame Kennedy had her French IV students get involved in National French Week as well. For example, students Peter Fernholz and Abby Remmert gave a presentation about cheese and French culture to Madame Laroco’s French II students.

The French Honor Society did a great job at spreading the French culture and got students all over the school involved.