Stonington vs. Westerly Gets Competitive with “Two Teams, One Cause” Fundraiser

Story by Nicole Haberek, Staff Writer

On October 26th, Stonington and Westerly High Schools kicked off their new fundraiser called “Two Teams, One Cause.” The proceeds raised will be going to the Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center and the Warm Center.

Students can bring food and hygiene items into their homebases or to any sporting event. Food items needed include canned meats, peanut butter and jelly, and canned fruits and vegetables. Hygiene items needed include toothpaste, toothbrushes, diapers, feminine hygiene products, shampoo, and conditioner.

This fundraiser is different because there is a point system being used to tally the items collected. For every food item brought in, the school gets two points. For every hygiene item, the school gets five points. Money can also be donated for the fundraiser where $1 = 1 point.

Donations will be accepted up until Thanksgiving, where the winner will be announced at halftime during the Turkey Day Game. Bring in donations to support your local community and to get involved in a friendly competition!