The Drama Department Performs Three Hilarious Shows of “Enter Laughing”

Back to Article
Back to Article

Story by Emma DeLaRosa, Staff Writer/Co-Editor

The Stonington High School Drama Department performed three shows of the fall play “Enter Laughing” this weekend.

The play is a comedy about an aspiring actor despite his lack of experience and his disapproval from his parents. Throughout the play, he learns to succeed in the world of theater and wins the support of his family, friends, and girlfriend.

The protagonist David Kolowitz was played by senior Christopher David Caraballo. Caraballo, who has been rehearsing since September, said, “It was an incredible honor to play David Kolowitz. I made so many memories and learned so much from this role.”

The play was filled with a talented cast. For many of them, this was not their first show with the SHS Drama Department, as it was primarily sophomores, juniors, and seniors in the cast. Furthermore, this was the chance for some students to have their first major role. For example, the role of David Kolowitz’s mother was sophomore Sydney Champagne’s first major role, and second overall, in the Stonington High School Drama Department. 

The play was a huge success among the audience, with members of the community, teachers, and students all in attendance. Stonington High School teacher Ms. Kwan said, “You could tell that they were all having fun on stage, but at the same time you could see the dedication they put into it. It was a very entertaining show.” 

At the show, the director Erin Stanley revealed that for their spring musical, they will perform “Mary Poppins.” For this show, they want children ages 9-12 to audition to be part of the production. Auditions for this show will be November 25 and 26.