SHS to Perform in Annual Pops Concert June 1st

Story by Ava Schrage, Staff Writer

SHS’s combined band and chorus pops concert will take place on Saturday, June 1st at 6:30 in the gym.

The theme for this year is all music from popular movies, ranging from the “Avengers” to “Star Wars.” If you’re a student who plans on attending this concert, tickets are free but students need to watch the concert from the commons through a TV, as seating is very limited and there will be no overflow in the bleachers.

Parents are able to buy tickets ahead of time to save a cabaret-style table that will be set up in the gym for $7. This event is likely to sell out, so if you plan on purchasing tickets, fill out this form linked below as soon as possible. You are also able to pre-order dinner from Subway in this form, that will be delivered to the school during the performance. There’s a choice of four different meals, each of them provided is $10. This form must be filled out and sent to Mrs. Odell by May 24th with money attached. Click here for the order form!

According to Celia Moffitt, a flute player here at Stonington, “The Pops concert is always a lot of fun and everyone who goes really enjoys it because of the fun music we play. I’d recommend anyone to go to support the music programs here!”

If you have any questions about the concert, see Mr. Stanley or Mrs. Gottlieb for more information on pops.