Come Support the Band by Coming to Spring Concert!

Story by Ava Schrage, Staff Writer

Wednesday, March 20th will be the spring band concert here in the auditorium of SHS at 7:00 pm.

The night will begin with a few select instrumental groups being highlighted, such as jazz band, flute ensemble, and more. Following these groups, the large concert band will play to close.

During a few of the songs that will be performed here at the concert, both the Mystic and Pawcatuck Middle School bands will be combining with the high school band to play for a greater sound, much like what was done for the winter chorus concert held last December. This will be done for songs such as a marching song titled “The Imperial,” as well as “Washington Post March,” which is a patriotic song composed in the late 19th century by John Philip Sousa.

When asked if he believed that they were prepared to play at the concert, sophomore class president and tenor saxophone player Adam Rajab stated, “I can’t speak on behalf of the middle school students, but as for our band, I think we’re going to do great and I’m excited to play.”

Admission to this concert is free to all students, friends, and family members, so if you’re interested in coming to support the middle/high school bands, just come for a fun night of music and refreshments after, provided by the parents of the band members.

If you have any questions regarding the concert, please contact Mrs. Gottlieb, the band director here at SHS.