SHS Supports Music Education With Fifth Annual Tribute Concert

Story by Sarah Flakus, Staff Writer

On April 5, the Stonington and Fitch High School music departments will team up with Foreigners Journey to perform a benefit concert to help fund music education.

This concert, which is the fifth annual, will be held in the Fitch High School auditorium and will bring together sounds of two of the most iconic rock bands of the ’80s: Foreigner and Journey.

Songs performed will be from both bands in the original key and pitch. Experience classics like Don’t Stop Believing, Jukebox Hero, and many more just as they were performed in the ’80s.

Opening for Foreigners Journey are Dan Watson and James Harris, and this will be their first time performing on stage together. The Stonington and Fitch bands will join them for songs as well.

The show begins at 7:30 and tickets are on sale at Purplepass.com, Groton Guitars, and McQuades Markets. You could also call 800-316-8559 for ticketing information.

So if you aren’t busy on April 5, pop out to Fitch High School for a night filled with classic music and support for music education.