SHS Music Students Showcase Talents At Eastern Regionals

Story by Ben Fyke, Staff Writer

Select Stonington High School music students participated in the Eastern Region High School Music Festival at UConn Saturday, performing with the best musicians from around eastern Connecticut.

The Connecticut Music Educators Association, or CMEA, runs the festival every year for both middle and high school students. Auditions for the festival were held back in November, and all current band and chorus students were eligible to audition. Musicians must achieve above a certain score to be selected, and it is rather prestigious.

Claire Anderson, Filip Aubrecht, Brendan Fullerton, Lily Haghpassand, Lauren Kehrle, Aidan Languedoc, Alison Marseglia, Celia Moffitt, Abby Norwood, and Hope Sowle represented the band at this festival. Chorus students who participated were Grace Gilbert, Eliza Gilbert, Ben Huynh, Nick Turco, Anna Bates, Nelly Horvath, Chris Caraballo, and Tyler Stafford.

Upcoming music festivals for the year include All-New Englands on March 23rd and the All-State Festival which does not yet have a date.