Chamber Choir Perform “Carol-o-grams”

Story by Gabby Ross, Staff Writer

In December 2018, the SHS Chamber Choir performed their “Carol-o-grams” at many locations throughout the area including Foxwoods, the Westerly Stroll, Olde Mystic Festival of Lights, Mystic Noank Library, nursing homes, and many other holiday parties and events.

The Chamber group performed out of a book, which is a collection of 4 part acapella Christmas carols. This school year, most of the caroling was done with senior student leaders Grace Gilbert, Ben Huynh, and Melia Wilcox.

Many of the Chamber members have found joy and excitement from performing the Carol-o-grams. Member, Dan Robinson, Junior, said: “They further enriched our already fulfilling Chamber Choir experience at Stonington High School by showing us the true value of connecting with and serving our community.” Another member, Erich Phelps, Sophomore, said “The Carol-o-grams were very fun and exciting. I loved traveling around with other chamber choir members and singing to people around the area. We enjoyed it and the audiences enjoyed it.” Other students in the group had similar answers and thought that overall it was an exciting and very fun experience. A word from Mr. Stanley, chorus teacher, “The Chamber Choir always does a great job and they are well received at all the venues they perform at.”

The “Carol-o-grams” is their biggest chorus fundraiser for the year and the proceeds from them help pay for many auditions and music festivals that the chorus students participate in every year.